Monday, September 27, 2010

SICK SECRETS

A series of work I like to call "SICK SECRETS", has been taking up a lot of my time recently.  The images are drawn from many video clips on YOUTUBE and recorded TV programs.  They are moments in our lives that we would really like to leave behind.  There is a facet that is voyeuristic.  I intrude and invite the viewer to intrude as well.   I peek behind closed doors, into hidden secrets and private moments of my subjects.   Delving into the psyche and pphysical appearance of the subject being represented.  I observe them up close, then expose them for everyone to see.  The individual is accessible and facilitates communication.   It's an understandable language, a narrative without words.


The Sick Secrets series contains many sub-series. 
Meth Mommy
Road Rage
Not a victim
Window licker
and pretty girl


Window licker #1

Window licker #2

Pretty Girl Series #1

Road Rage #1, #2, #3, #4

Window licker #3

1 comment:

  1. Window Licker...what an inspiring idea...should be followed up by Lip Stretcher (I was born on a pirate ship), and "Hi, My Name's Chubby"...
    All kidding aside, these are such pure moments that you capture...love it!

    ReplyDelete